Subscribe and Download
Technical details FER-MAS®
- Specific load capacity static ≤ 250 [N/mm2]
- Specific load capacity dynamic ≤ 150 [N/mm2]
- Sliding speed ≤ 0.6 [m/s]
- Friction value 0.05 [µ] to 0,25 [µ]
- Temperature strain - 100 [°C] to + 250 [°C]
- Max. PV-value 1.2 [N/mm² x m/s]
- 58-62 HRC
- Hardened and grinded steel
- 20MnV6, alternatively 100 Cr6
- Housing Ø H7
- Bushing inner-Ø after mounting Please consult our sales engineers, standard delivered tolerance: r6 or E7
- Shaft tolerance Based on customer’s requirement
- Hardened steel (C45 recommended)
- FER-MAS® is a maintenance-intense material, that is suitable for highest operational demands, it is insusceptible and has a high durability.
- Sufficient lubrication is necessary.
- Housing: Mounting bevel min. 1.5 mm x 15-45°
Shaft: Mounting bevel 5 mm x 15°, edges rounded
- The application of an adequate force fitting mandrel is advisable. Grease lubrication of the outer surface may be necessary when mounting.
- FER-MAS® are our standard solid steel bushings. This material comes in two steel grades:
20MnV6 or 100Cr6. Our standard hardness for these materials are 58-62 HRC but it also can be reduced to our clients’ requirements.
SBS is able to offer several surface finishes. Hardened and grinded with a shiny silver finish is one option. Furthermore, we can also offer a phosphating finish which will give the bearing a black surface (also referred as blackening).
Grease grooves are mandatory for steel bearings as they require high greasing intervals. SBS can design the right groove system for our clients’ applications. Therefore, it is also important to understand whether the bushings are greased through the pin or the housing. Greasing points on the housing will require additional grooves and holes on the outer diameter. Spiral and “figure of 8” groove systems are among the most common ones. FER-MAS® are considered as high-maintenance materials.
Steel Bushings are frequently used in harsh and abrasive environments. They are found in hydraulic cylinders and pivot joints of excavator booms, arms and bucket joints. Building and mining machines are also often furnished with FER-MAS® bearings. These bushings are often used as a cheap solution for many repair jobs on all kind of machines. They are chosen because of their inexpensive material costs. Missing grease grooves and the lack of lubrication shorten the bearing life of these repair jobs. As such, this will also corrode these bearings very quickly and turns the sliding surface into a very abrasive medium, which will cause even faster damage to the pin. In the end, the repair costs are more cost intensive than consulting SBS and being advised on the right materials.
* For higher requirements – e.g. higher temperature ranges – different materials are available in this category.
** The listed values in the material properties are valid for optimal operating conditions. By changing the conditions of application, e.g. an increase in the sliding speed or strain, these values could shift.